Where do I place my order?
Orders are placed through the Jisc Collections website.
How much would my institution pay?
Fees are Jisc banded. The current agreement runs until December 2021.
Institutions are invoiced in Sterling. Pro-rating of fees does not apply.
The pricing model announced for 2019-2021 is available in this pricing information sheet.
NOTE – a price freeze was announced for 2021 – prices for 2021 will be charged at 2020 rates. A reimbursement will be applied for any institutions that paid for 3 years in advance.
The prices for the new licence agreement that will run between 2022 and 2024 are set out in the 2022-2024 Member Pricing FAQ
Are the fees fixed?
Yes.The fees shown in the pricing FAQ are those that will apply until December 2021.
Is there a discount if we pay for three years?
No. There is no discount available for paying all three years up front.
Are there any other charges besides the fees?
Prices exclude and are subject to VAT. A transaction management charge, currently either £100 or £50 for invoices over and under £1000 respectively is also applicable. For invoices in excess of £10,001 a transaction management charge of £200 will apply.
Where can I view the licence?
You can view the licence and sign electronically when placing your order using the Jisc Licence subscriptions manager.
Who should I contact if I have a question about my membership?
Please contact email@example.com who will cascade your query as appropriate.
What are the advantages of consortium membership through Jisc compared to the institution signing up individually?
- Access to full features of premium ORCID membership at heavily reduced prices
- Premium member APIs
- The use of ORCID integration across multiple enterprise systems
- Access to on-boarding webinars, online resources, technical documentation and training materials
- The use of ORCID in vendor-hosted systems as well as separate internal systems
- Notifications from ORCID when information is updated in an ORCID record connected to the organisation
- Unlimited integrated user acceptance testing in preparation for launches and releases for different enterprise systems
Based on: https://aaf.edu.au/media/2016/02/ORCID_WS_pre_v2_20151008.pdf (page 6).
Do I have premium membership?
All members who join ORCID through the Jisc UK consortium agreement acquire premium membership which is the highest level of membership available.
What are the advantages of a consortium model of membership?
- More cost effective together than alone
- Co-ordinated approach to implementation
- Strategic value in developing a community of practice
- Wide adoption to maximize benefits
- Build sustainability, long term commitment and investment
Based on: https://aaf.edu.au/media/2016/02/ORCID_WS_pre_v2_20151008.pdf (page 5).
What does the institution get for its membership?
Not much research is conducted at my institution. Should I join the UK ORCID consortium?
Membership of the UK ORCID Premium Consortium is relevant to:
- Organizations that will be integrating ORCID iDs in multiple systems
- Organizations that will be using ORCID iDs in vendor-hosted systems and separate internal systems
- Organizations that have high data needs, or require frequent data dumps
- Organizations interested in analytics of the interactions between their systems and ORCID
- Organizations that will interact with a relatively large number of researchers per month
- Organizations interested in enabling data synchronization between ORCID data and their own.
Institutions will also have access to the UK Support network which provides technical advice, webinars and hack days. If there are not many researchers within your institution this level of automation may not be required. It could be that just encouraging your researchers to register themselves for a free of charge ORCID is sufficient. I would refer you to ORCID’s website for further details about what individuals can get for free compared with membership. Also, the Jisc catalogue page provides information on the steps needed to complete your integration. If you do not have integration-ready vendor systems, or the technical skills and resources to develop your own integrations, it is unlikely that you will be able to take advantage of the full benefits of membership. You should consider whether you can achieve your aims using the public API. Please contact the helpdesk if you wish to discuss further.