ORCID – UK implementations spreadsheet
We hear from members that they are keen to be in touch with other institutions at a stage of implementation similar to themselves, or those slightly ahead with implementation and able to offer advice and insights, particularly when using specific systems (such as specific CRIS, IR or other admin systems).
To help the community communicate and share experiences with peer institutions, we have coordinated and made available a spreadsheet listing some basic information regarding UK ORCID members and their implementations:
- Institution name
- Member of the consortium y/n
- CRIS system used
- Is CRIS system integrated with ORCID?
- HR system in use
- Is HR system integrated with ORCID?
- Institutional Repository (IR)
- Is the IR integrated with ORCID?
- Web – links to institutional web pages addressing ORCID
- Technical contact (or main contact) email addresses.
- Has the institution contacted the support desk? y/n (this means we can facilitate communication between parties if needed)
- Comments – any other comments, e.g. descriptions from ORCID of the integration
If members find it useful then more fields can be added as it develops.
The spreadsheet is intended to be open and member institutions can add comments which will be regularly monitored by the team to keep your information up-to date. This will be a community curated resource. All members have been notified of their appearance on the spreadsheet and have the opportunity to add, amend or delete information as appropriate, through the comment facility.
We hope that this will help support:
- Peer to peer contact for institutions wishing to discuss similar system set ups/integrations.
- Provide business intelligence e.g. provide a clear picture and level of emerging ORCID integration in the UK