- Jisc and ORCID
- Information for new members
- Funder News
- Reports on UK institutions implementing ORCID
- Resources for advocacy and promotion
- ORCID information on integrations and workflows
- System specific information
- ORCID API resources
- ORCID in Wikipedia
- Other international consortia and activity
- ORCID and data repositories
Jisc and ORCID
Information for new members
Next steps for new members of the Jisc consortium.
- onboarding webinar 7th November 2016
Note there are two older webinars – some of the information in these is out of date.
Slides are available on request to the helpdesk.
- RCUK becomes a member of ORCID through the Jisc consortium
- ORCIDS in J-es
- Royal Society requires ORCID
- ORCID blog post on funder requirements
- Speculation on ORCID use in REF (WonkHE blog)
Reports on UK institutions implementing ORCID
- JISC-Arma pilot (2014-2015) project blog
- Pilot final report
- List of pilot institution reports, by institution.
- Insights article by Torsten Reimer on ORCID at Imperial College London
- Presentation by University of York at ARMA (2015) – from slide 31 on ORCID
- University of Oxford scoping study, July 2016
Resources for advocacy and promotion
- 5 minute video introduction for researchers (from ORCID)
ORCID information on integrations and workflows
- ORCID-enabled systems
- Overview of integration as a prezi presentation
- Integration chart
- List of member integrations
- CRIS tools
- How can you create records for your researchers: slide show and explanatory text
- How do researcher profile and research information systems use ORCID in their workflows
- Josh Brown (ORCID), April 2016 blog post overview on ORCID in CRIS systems.
- Presentation on ORCID in Thomson-Reuters systems. Converis discussed in slides 14-18
- Presentation on Brighttalk site (2016) (Player installation or registration on Brighttalk may be required)
- PURE and ORCID features from about 35 minutes in. The discussion includes (approximately between minutes 25-35) a researcher discussing possible researcher concerns about tracking. There is a useful Q+A session at the end.
- Whistlestop tour of ORCID in PURE. (Click the link on slide 18 of the presentation)
- PURE 5.5 release
ORCID API resources
- API slidedeck includes (slides 10-12) vendor integrations; (slides 18-24) explanation of scopes/permissions; (side 33) list of resources for API users.
ORCID in Wikipedia
Other international consortia and activity
Australia: consortium support website
Finland: blog post on ORCID
New Zealand: blog post on ORCID Consortium launch
Netherlands: Seminar on ORCID and their pilot
Germany web page (in German only) Announcement (in English)
ORCID and Data Repositories
Project THOR ORCID integration in Disciplinary Data Repositories (blog post and report, August 2016)